You’ve lingered on a Dr Pimple Popper video on your social feed at some point. There’s just something about seeing the gunk in our pores that is both deeply intriguing and also just super gross.
"Grits" visible after skin gritting
Resurfacing from the deep troves of Reddit comes the newest in un-look-away-able trend and it’s called ‘skin gritting’. Gritting skin involves using the combination of an oil cleanser and detoxifying clay mask to literally pull all the dirt, debris, and buildup from your pores, releasing them into tiny little ‘grits’ that you can wash away.
Sounds like magic right? The secret to skin gritting is in softening the debris in your pores with an oil before going in with your secret weapon: Australian Pink Clay.
A clay mask is a staple in any beauty routine as a bi-weekly detoxing treatment to refine pores, clear congestion and mattify excess oils.Left unchecked, pores can accumulate dirt, impurities and oils that can lead to blackheads and congestion. In the long run, this can lead to dullness and enlarged pores.
Australian Pink Clay works by drawing out those suckers one by one to the surface to then be wiped away, leaving your skin smooth, clear and bump free.
This makes the skin appear poreless, feel silky soft and the perfect canvas to apply make up, or just apply a little SPF before getting on with your day. It’s no wonder that it works perfectly to get those ‘grits’ out!
Wanna try skin gritting for yourself?
You’ll need these:
Skin Gritting Instructions
- Clean your face using the oil cleanser and pat dry
- Apply our Pink Clay mask for 10 minutes before rinsing off and patting dry
- Clean your face with an oil cleanser again, but this time apply gentle pressure while massaging into the skin ( especially if you have sensitive skin )
- Small pieces of build up called “grits” will appear as you rub
- Send your mates an Instagram story of the grits to gross them out
- Rinse off and pat dry with a cold damp towel to close your pores, before following with a light serum like our Dreamy Glow Drops to rehydrate.
This baby is packed with 5 types of hyaluronic acid for an instant hit of moisture and leaves you glowing. Your skin should feel smooth and soft to the touch and is a perfect canvas to apply make up on.
Have you tried 'skin gritting'? We have! Check out our Instagram to see how it went, and to stay up to date on all the latest tips and skincare tricks